Saturday

Two Hungry Bears Bento



I had wanted to make another picnic bento for some time. Even though picnic bento requires more time to make, it's totally fun to see the end result - at least for me :). I thought about making many different types of onigiri with various colours, shapes and so on, but I got too lazy in the process, so I ended up making plain white onigiri only. Well, I did add a bit of chopped umeboshi (pickled plum) and chopped green onions to the triangular onigiri and toasted black sesame seeds to the round-shaped onigiri, just to make sure that my bento doesn't look too boring.


The beautiful bento box is from CasaBento. It's called 'Bento Box Petals Jyubako Red'. This bento box is perfect for picnic, because it's quite spacious (height: 11 cm, width: 19,3 cm and length: 19,3 cm).


As you can see the bento box has two compartments. The top part comes with a plastic lid on.


When you open the plastic lid, you'll see that top compartment has two extra small compartments which can be removed as you wish.




My triangular onigiris are filled with prawn tempura and mayonnaise and the circular onigiris are filled with chicken katsu and cucumber. If you have been following my blog for some time, I am sure you have noticed that I am very fond of tempura and chicken katsu, as they make their appearances in my bento boxes on a quite regular basis ;).

I also made tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelet) and this time, I added slices of black olives and chopped umeboshi and green onions - a real great combo by the way! I really like how the umeboshi makes the omelet tastes slightly sour :).

The two hungry bears are also onigiris filled with chicken katsu, cucumber and mayo. The hats worn by the bears are food picks which I also got from CasaBento. I think they look really adorable....)!!

Next to the bears are pasta salad (pasta, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, dried basil, black pepper, a pinch of sugar olive oil and chopped parsley) and a few slices of mandarin and two pieces of chocolate.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment