Saturday

Happy Brown Bears Bento



Hey, guys! How are you all doing? I am enjoying my weekend here, even though I still need to finish some household chores like dusting and vacuuming the floor...:(




I made another bear-themed bento today, so boring I know, but at least the bears this week are brown and the the ones last week were white ;).

The brown bear onigiris are made from soy-sauce seasoned rice. The eyes are from konbu, nori and white rice and the nose from gouda cheese and the smiley from nori.

I also made some kimbap filled with tamagoyaki, crabstick, avocado and mayo. Kimbap tastes very similar to sushi, but the rice is seasoned quite differently. The rice for kimbap typically also uses some sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds, instead of just plain vinegar, salt and sugar.

I also had some homemade pan-fried gyoza, store-bought BBQ chicken wings and cucumber kimchi in my bento.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment