Monday

Halloween Bento - Green Eyed Wizards



To be honest, I have never celebrated Halloween in my life. Even though I am quite fond of watching thriller and horror films ;), I was never interested to join in the 'fun' of Halloween.

This is the first time that I make Halloween-themed meal, which, I am aware, looks more cute than scary :-). Well, I don't really like the idea of disgusting-looking food. It's interesting to see, but I don't think that I have the guts to eat something that looks like severed fingers or bloody eyeballs ;).

I have seen so many other bento sites with Halloween-themed bentos. Today I finally had the chance to make one as well!

I made two soy-sauce flavoured wizard rice balls. Somehow the wizards look a bit like Powerpuff Girls ;)! I guess, it's because of the humongous eyes! I used cucumber to make the green eyes, nori for the pupil and goat cheese for the shiny, starry-eyed look. The wizard's hat is from nori and cheese.

The three little Jack-o-lanterns are quail eggs which I coloured with orange food colouring. I also made two radish Jack Skellington look-alikes (next time I'll make the eyes bigger!)



Happy Halloween, everyone! I will spend the evening watching a horror film with my husband :-).



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment