Saturday

Boys Over Flowers Bento



I told you some time ago that I have been watching some Korean drama series and the last one I've watched is 'Boys over Flowers' - a drama series based on the Japanese manga Hana Yori Dango. I have to admit the story line is quite cheesy but it's addictive! Probably this is because I am actually simply a crazy romantic at heart ;).

One thing that caught my eyes in the series was the lunch box meals the main character made for her boyfriend. In Korean it's called Doshirak, which is basically the Korean version of Japanese bento boxes.


Source: beasia

The doshirak made by Jan Di, the main character in 'Boys over Flowers' for her boyfriend, Goo Joon Pyo.

I tried to imitate Jan Di's doshirak today for fun :). As you can see yourself, mine doesn't look too similar to the one in the film, because my rolled omelet doesn't look as good and I didn't have broccoli for the greens and I wasn't sure either what exactly are in Jan Di's doshirak, such as the smiley face and the rolled thingies.

There are supposed to be three lunch boxes shown in the drama but I could only see two of them, that's why for the third lunch box I filled it with Korean Fried Chicken and the recipe is of course adapted from the highly popular website of Maangchi.



Box 1: Rolled omelet with seaweed, pan-fried wiener sausages, rolled ham/cheese/carrot/cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes, parsley

Box 2: Goo Joon Pyo shaped rice, parsley and quail eggs

Box 3: Korean Fried Chicken, parsley, lettuce and mandarin

I hope you enjoy this slightly different bento of mine. If you like 'Boys Over Flowers', I hope you'll enjoy seeing this bento/doshirak too :)!



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment