Sunday

Szechuan Hotpot Style Udon Noodle Soup



Hello again, my dear readers...! I am still alive and kicking despite of not being active virtually for one whole week :). In fact I feel very well and rather excited because I am officially on a long summer vacation now :D).

I thought about making a bento lunch today, but I finally decided to make a 'normal' meal which wouldn't take so much time to make, since I still had to do a lot of packing.

This soup tastes quite similar to my Szechuan Noodles with Wontons and Meatballs, but this udon noodles soup has got more toppings and looks indeed prettier ;).

Ingredients
- serves 2
  • 400 g Udon noodles
  • 250 g ground pork
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 tbs fish sauce
  • 3 tbs 'Fried pork with chili in oil'
  • 2 tbs oyster sauce
  • Dashi powder to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • 800 ml water
  • Chopped green onions
  • Topping suggestions: store-bought meatballs, fish balls, shiu mai, chikuwa (fish cake), shrimps, you tiao (Chinese bread stick), boiled egg, mushrooms and sugar snap peas.
Instructions
  • Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok.
  • Toss in the ground pork and chopped onion and stir fry until slightly brown.
  • Add fish sauce, 'fried pork with chili in oil', oyster sauce and pepper.
  • Simmer the meat sauce, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
  • Add 800 ml water and dashi powder to taste.
  • Add udon noodles and the toppings (except the you tiao) and cook for a few minutes.
  • Garnish with green onions and you tiao slices.



Happy Cooking :)!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment