Saturday

Easy Panda Bento



I received a set of nori punches from CasaBento a few days ago. I had been wanting to have these punches for a long time, but they were always somehow out of stock. I guess these punches must be very popular.


Source: Casa Bento

These nori punches would save you plenty of time when you want to make a cute bento but you don't really have much time to spare.

I needed less than ten minutes to make the two panda onigiris. For each panda onigiri I used 1.5 tablespoons of steamed rice which I formed into an oval shape with a plastic wrap. The three mini puppies (?) are made out of mini mozzarella balls and I used a quail egg punch to decorate their faces.



I had creamy crab and cabbage salad, beef rendang, store-bought sambal goreng udang (Indonesian stir-fried shrimps with Petai beans/stinky beans), half-boiled egg, a piece of strawberry and three pieces of cute shaped pasta (teddy bear and heart).

Creamy Crab and Cabbage Salad
  • 50 grams shredded cabbage
  • 50 grams imitation crab, sliced thinly
  • 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons wasabi (or more if you like it spicy)
  • 2 tablespoons (whole grain) Dijon mustard

Mix everything together and serve! Very yummy :)!!



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment